Originally from Minsk, Belarus, I am intricately familiar with over twenty different varieties of potatoes. My other passion, graphic design, brought me to Moscow. In 1993, I founded NEUCH, a publishing house specializing in art. In only a few years we published over 300 sought-after “livres d’artiste”.
In 1997 I established Design Depot. It became one of Russia’s leading design companies, realising over 3,000 branding and design projects for some of the most prestigious European clients. Our work was recognised by over 200 local and international design awards.
The same year we started publishing kAk, a magazine dedicated to Russian and international design trends. It became the longest-running and the most influential design publication in Russia, greatly influencing post-Soviet design world.
In 2010 I discovered my true love- poster design. It became such an obsession, that for the whole year I was creating one poster every single day. To date I have designed over 1 000 posters and gained international recognition in this field. I have moved to Prague, a city that offers very few potato varieties, but great design freedom.
- Assistant Professor, Moscow Printing Institute, Book Design and Illustration Department, Moscow, Russia, 1993–2008
- Courses: Current Typography
- Professor, 2004–2010, Higher School of Graphic Design (VASh-GD), Moscow, Russia
- Courses: Current Typography, Freehand Lettering, Poster Design
- Novum World of Graphic Design. Posters Issue. 08.18. Germany. 2018
- Print. Magazine. Weekend Heller: Tolerance is Global. 05.18. USA. 2018
- “15 Days” magazine for art and culture. January. Zagreb, Croatia. 2018
- Etape. Number 229. Peter Bankov. Cosmopolite et serein. Paris/France. 2018
- KOMA magazine, Germany, 2015
- Projector magazine, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2014
- Afisha magazine, Moscow, Russia, 2014
- Font, Prague, Czech Republic. 2015
- Jury Prize, Golden Bee Biennale, Moscow, Russia, 2018, 2014
- Platinum Award, Graphis Poster Annual, New York, 2015, 2014
- Grand-Prix, Asian Graphic Design Invitational Exhibition, Seoul, South Korea, 2014
- Gold Prize, Italian Poster Biennial, Finale Ligure, Italy, 2015
- Gold Prize, Biennial Colorado International Invitational Poster Exhibition, Fort Collins, CO, 2015
- Gold Award, Beijing Design Week, AGDIE, China, 2014
- Gold Prize, Strelka Institute, Moscow, Russia, 2014
- Top 10 in Poster Design Award, HOW magazine, 2014
- And many more....
Selected by étapes: magazine as one of ten personalities of the contemporary graphic design, “whose influence has changed the visual culture of the first decade of the 21th century,” Paris, France, 2014.
Selected permanent collections
- MoMA, New York
- The Klingspor-Museum, Offenbach am Main, Germany
- The Stedelijk Museum / Museum of the Image (MOTI), Breda, Netherlands
- Musée des Arts décoratifs, Paris, France
- Poster Museum at The Lahti Art Museum, Lahti, Finland
- Retroavangarda and Korekta Gallery, Warsaw, Poland
- Poster Museum, Warsaw, Poland
- Poster House, New York
- Art and History Museum of Chaumont, Chaumont, France
- Library for Foreign Literature, Moscow, Russia
- Academy of Graphic Design, Moscow, Russia
- Russian Association of Designers
- ADCR, Moscow, Russia
I MADE MORE THAN 1 000 POSTERS
- 132 film and festival posters
- 260 theatre posters